(310) 378-1564 (866) 564-6946(JohnZim)
(877) 378-6575 efax
Tips for Selling!
With minimal effort we can yield significant price gains
First: Look at your house "through the buyer’s eyes", as though you have never seen it before. Any time or money spent on clean-up and repairs will come back to you in a higher selling price.
- Inspect the house room by room. Paint if necessary. Clean carpets or drapes that need it. Clean dirty windows.
- Clear unnecessary objects from furniture. Keep decorative objects on the furniture in small groups.
- A clean kitchen is important! Clear refrigerator free of messages, pictures, etc. Clear away unnecessary or rarely used items from counter tops. Keep appliances clean.
- Sparkling bathrooms sell homes! Remove unnecessary items form counter tops, tubs, shower stalls, commode tops. Keep only your most needed cosmetics, brushes, etc. in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels.
- Rearrange or remove some of the furniture if necessary. Sparsely furnished rooms appear larger.
- Make closets look bigger. Remove and pack away items that can be stored elsewhere.
- Take down or rearrange certain pictures or objects on walls. Patch and paint if needed.
- Repair needed items like doorknobs, faucets, moldings.
- Lighting cheers up the home. Open the drapes or blinds and leave lights and lamps on, especially during showings.
- Have the radio on FM during the day and for all showings.
- LOCK Box. . . very important! If we don't have it, we can’t show the home!
- Start with the lawn, fertilize if needed. Keep the lawn trimmed, edged and watered.
- Trim all bushes and plants. Keep plants from blocking windows. Weed and clear planting area. "You can’t sell a house if you can’t see it."
- If needed, add color to the landscape or hardscape with flowering plants/vines/bushes or other theme appropriate plants/vines/bushes.
- Check gutters and roof for dry rot. Repair needed shutters, gutters and downspouts. Paint the mailbox!
- Check the house for painting, especially the front door and trim. "You never get a second chance to make a good impression"
- Go around the perimeter of the house. Move all garage cans, wood scraps, extra building material, etc. into the garage.
- Clear patios or decks of small items such as small planters, flower pots, charcoal, Grills/BBQ’s, toys, etc.
- Inspect screens and windows and make necessary repairs. Clean windows on the outside!
Working Together.……. We'll Get The Highest Offers!
Back To Home Page